Friday, July 29, 2005

Today sucked

Nothing like having to admit you missed your easy goals on your first day out! I went at it full force yesterday and felt like I could do it all.

Today, the simple thing of making our bed didn't even get done! I am NOT a morning person and this moring routine is going to be the hardest of all for me. I made it out of bed with enough time to shower, put on my face so not to scare the children, get dressed and get out! Thank goodness I only work around the corner and up the street!

No bed made. I did declutter a little bit when I got home and went thru the mail. I have no energy left. Work sucked it all out. So easily the "I'll start tomorrow" went through my head again. I need to force myself to do the bedtime routine tonight. That may redeem me a little.

Get the whip out Dawn. I never got a chance to weigh today at work. Well, you know how long that takes! LOL. AND, I ate two packages of cupcakes when I got home because I worked longer than I expected and was starving. And WATER? I bathe in it, I do not drink it..lol.

Guess I will go stand in the Soar Corner until you decide whether to throw me out on my lazy, unmotivated badorkus or not! Tomorrow will be a better day. Won't it?

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Tomorrow is always a better day.

We all have those days when we just want to say "screw this!"

But then another one of us will say "get your ass up and do something or you will hate yourself MORE tomorrow!"

And that usually helps :)

So, kay - you've got plenty of time before bed! Go make that bed!!!

Nikki Valentine said...

>stares at Kay<

Get out of my head, get out of my body. You sound just like me sunshine. I agree with the girls. However, I would start with three small things.

1. Make the bed every day
2. Shine the sink
3. Drink water every time you sit down

Trust me I HATE WATER. It is so so so so nasty that I can not say that enough, but, I can tell you, I am feeling so much better since I have started drinking.

It was brought to my attention by my darling Chris that most headaches are brought on by dehydration. The next time I felt a headache coming on I ran into the kitchen and drug out a bottle of water and gulped it down. Within an hour I had another and for the first time since I don't know when, I didn't have to take drugs to stave off the pain.

Get yourself two "water bottles" and keep them in the fridge. Take it out in the morning and tell yourself you have to finish it before you can have anything else. When you finish it, fill it up and have what you want. Then repeat the process.

Baby steps sweetie. Baby steps. That's what it is all about right now.