Sunday, July 31, 2005

today's shopping trip

Ok, we just got back at 2pm. We've been gone 4 hours, shopping! LOL

I love grocery shopping (hate paying for it though!) I love to cook, and with my new lifestyle, it opens things up alot for me/us. Here's what I bought:

Farmer's Market:

(4) 2 ft long zucchinis (2 for $1!!!!)
(4) yellow squash
(1) eggplant
1 lb greenbeans
(2) beets
1 head romaine lettuce
seasoning for jamaican jerk *anything*


Supermarket(s):

Spaghetti squash

green peppers
tomatoes
onions
green onions
bottom round roast
haddock
tilapia
hamburger
eggs
grapes
watermelon
bananas

So this week's menu includes (and as you know, all recipes are on My Tasty Space.

Mon: Jack Fish
Tue: Bacon Cheeseburger Quiche
Wed: Spaghetti squash w/kielbasa (or possibly linquica)
Thu: Salisbury Steak
Fri: undecided

I LOVE all these fresh veggies in my house. It makes me feel good to know that this stuff was PICKED this morning! Now hopefully, I won't let it sit around for 2 weeks lOL

As a shittin sidenote - I was just looking at my receipt and realized I picked up the ORGANIC grapes instead of the ones on sale. OMFG - I paid $6 for 2 lbs of grapes. DAMN. Grrrrrrrrr

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this week, at least food wise LOL

~Dawn

No comments: