Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I'm such an evil person LOL

Sunday, I had finished putting the groceries away, and was sitting around watching a dvd. I couldn't decide if I felt like going walking or not. My walking buddy called. She was on her way back from a long weekend of motorcycle training classes that she teaches. She'd been on her feet all day, both days, was tired and hungry. I said "I am trying to decide if I want to go walking or not".

She says "Well, I'm still in town."

I said "do you want to go?"

She says "sure, why not".

SHE SAID YES.

So I threw my sneakers back on and was out the door. I got there and pretty much had to pry her out of her car. LOL We started walking, and I explained the whole reversing the coarse thing. She was very whiny, very tired and overall, being a pain in the ass. Mostly like just as much as I am some days when I just don't FEEL like being there ;)

So, we walked. At the top of the first hill, which really is very gradual, I thought I'd have to get behind her to push her up. We walked on. Then we got to the next part where we have to walk DOWN a very steep hill, but very short. Again she complained "I'm tirrrred, my feet hurrrrrtt". LOL That's nice.

See, on those first days when we first started walking, I was whiny too. I wasn't used to the exercise, and my shins killed me. My feet killed me. The heat killed me. I hate sweating. You name it, I complained. BUT I WALKED. She encouraged me. Well, on those days, when she's marching along to her own little drummer, I'd tell her PAYBACK'S A BITCH! And so I am ;)

So on Sunday, I paid her back.

With interest ;)

We finished our 2 mile walk and I told her she'd thank me. lol That night, she logged onto the group chat that we have each week and told everyone how I'd TORTURED her. lol

The next day, she called (she apparently had decided she DIDN'T hate me afterall) and we tried to go walking, but the rain storms had other ideas. But it was nice to give back all that ENCOURAGEMENT that she'd given me lol

I just had to share ;)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

kay kay kayyyyy

Does the 13 yr old have a bike? When my walking buddy can't come with me, sometimes I "drag" my 8 yr old with me and he rides his bike while I walk.

Walking has done WONDERS for me, it truly has. It gives me so much more energy! You really need to get your butt in gear and do it for yourself :)