Friday, June 10, 2005

This week

Well, I think I had a pretty good first week. I'm officially down 8 lbs! I feel good about that, considering I have so much further to go. But the changes I've made haven't been earth-shattering, and if I can just figure out what to do about the munchies I seem to constantly have, I'll be all set.



Last night, I made burgers on the grill. I had one on a bun, and one without. Now, admittedly, the one on the bun was much better, but I really didn't NEED it. Later on in the evening, I went ot have a creamcicle (those are only 13 grams), and my daughter heard it and so I put it back, cuz she certainly didn't need one at 9:30 LOL.



I think that the exercise is the biggest challenge for me, especially in the humidity. I went out yesterday and dug up my spring bulbs and planted some summer ones and thought I woudl have a heat stroke. I was out there all of MAYBE 30 minutes, and was exhausted the rest of the day. I'm getting my son into the habit of sweeping the kitchen for me, and straightening the living room ( all we have in there is a chair, a couple of computers, and the entertainment center, so he's parked in front of the nintendo - his domain, his mess!).



We found out that we have an inspection of our apartment in 2 weeks, so getting back on the Flylady wagon worked out well - I won't have to kill myself cleaning in a 2 day stint - just keep up what I've done, and finish what I need to. It feels great, and I really didn't spend THAT much time doing it!



Well, I haven't heard from my cohorts today - I hope they're behaving :)



~Dawn, down to 272 and loving it lol

3 comments:

Nikki Valentine said...

I know how those freaking inspections go. I hate them. One thing that we did, was to enforce the rule that there were no toys allowed in the living room, period. You have no idea how much this has helped us out. The kids can play video games, watch movies or read books in the living room. If they want to play with their toys, they will have to go into their room for that.

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dawn said...

Good idea, thanks nikki!