Monday, June 06, 2005

Getting off the Ground

Well... i am exhausted, and i'm piling my up in front of the computer for a little R&R. First of all Dawn, let me just say how proud of you i am! You are doing fantastic. Flying and low carbing. You are really starting to get the hang of both, and i am so impressed. GO DAWN!!
As for flying... i'm making a great deal of progress. i have a morning routine that works really well for me. Every morning i get up at 7:30 and start my bathwater. While the water runs i make my bed, start my coffee and unload the dishwasher. Then i jump in the tub and bathe, wash my hair, shave my legs and underarms (its really bad to admit, but i have been awful about shaving my legs for years, so this is a really a big thing for me... this is one of the biggest things J is loving about my flying, LMAO) wash my face in the good stuff, and try to do something with my feet. my feet are a total mess because i don't wear shoes and i haven't taken care of them in so long. Then i do my hair and get dressed to my collar (which i'm substituting for shoes since i don't own any.) Next i start the clothes i have waiting in the washer, and bring in the clothes from the dryer. i fold them while having my morning coffee.
Then i begin the list. Every night (part of my evening routine) i make a list of the chores i want to finish the next day. Usually around 20 items. i schedule my breaks into the list and just work though it. For me the key is to not cut the computer on until i have a damn good chunk of it done. i feel motivated to get back to it because i can see the light at the end of the tunnel. So far i have gotten three rooms in DAMN good shape with the kid's room and the bathroom left to do. Although the bathroom isn't that bad, since i've always been a bit finicky about my bathroom.
Sometimes things get a little haywire, because the man child is here all day with me right now, being on summer break. If he is in a pissy mood, things do not go according to plan. But, i try. And, so far, usually succeed.
i've been trying to make much nicer meals because J and i are low carbing too. (And, LETS HEAR IT FOR J!!! HE HAS HAD TO STOP TAKING HIS DIABETES MEDICATION BECAUSE HIS SUGAR WAS RUNNING TOO LOW!!! WHOOO HOOO GO J!!) Its easy to get bored with meat and salad every day in creation, so i've been trying to use some good recipes and make different stuff. Yesterday i concocted my own invention and made chicken tenders rolled in crushed pork rinds, seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. We dipped them in salad dressing and it was delicious. Its going really well.
Oh, and just to get it on record...
i started out with these stats:
Weight:280 BMI:42.9
Bust: 49.5
Waist: 47.5
Hips: 53.5
Left Thigh: 29.5
Right Thigh: 30
Left Arm: 18
Right Arm: 18
And, i just checked the scale. i'm weighing in today somewhere between 273 and 274. WHOOO HOOO!

No comments: