Sunday, August 07, 2005

Woohoo to all of us!

See, we told ya! Baby steps.

My morning routine takes me about 2 hours, but that includes breakfast and reading time with my kids. BUT! I feel super when I get it all done!

I'm getting into the whole menu planning thing now, and O M G, it makes my days SO much easier. I used to get soooo annoyed every day because I didn't know what to make, or didn't have the ingredients I needed, etc. Now, I make my menu out at the beginning of the week (Saturday), hit the stores and farmer's market and I'm good to go for the week. Now, I just look at my little index card and poof, I know exactly what I need to take out in the morning, etc.

As for the crock, I LOVE MY CROCK POT!!! Yes, just about anything can go into that baby. Frozen doesn't matter if you're going to cook it all day. I'm glad your roast came out good, too :) I have been using it alot for chicken (typically thighs). Just throw them in, season them with whatever is handy, and leave them! I usually cook them on high for about 5 hours and they just FALL off the bone. Breasts tend to dry out, so that's why I stick with (cheaper) darker meats.

As for me, I've had an iffy weekend. I have been struggling with my carb intake (and I shouldn't be by now, I feel), and then feel really guilty when I eat something I shouldn't. Oh well. I dont' want to backslide, and I can easily see that happens.

So, here's hoping that this week goes better. I'll post my menu later.

Have a GREAT week, flybabies!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

nope, I dont' put any fluid in the chicken or usually anything. I only had you do the packaged soup because it was easier to season that way. The natural juices will come out and make a wonderful broth.

If you're not low-carbing it, then about an hour before you're ready to eat, I add a cup of chicken broth and a 1/2 cup of rice. O M G, is it awesome!