Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Morning

Wow, two posts in a week, that lone is an accomplishment for me.




Not much is being done around my home, if you read my blog, you'll already know that there has been a death in my family that I am struggling with.




I will be going back to work today, but it has come to my attention that the three hours I spend waiting for Chris while he's in school can be sent accessing my blogs through the school's computers. Hopefully this will make it easier for me to post on days when he has classes.




We spent last evening at my mother in laws doing laundry. It is all washed and dried and all of the kids have put away their stuff. Now I just need to put away our stuff and the towels and sheets.




The real point of bringing that up though was because we had dinner at her house and she made one of the best roasts I've had in a long time. Here is what she threw in the crockpot.




Italian Roast Beef




3# Pot roast (beef works best)


2 packages of dry "Zesty Italian Dressing"


3c water


Vegtables of choice (we had carrots, potatoes and bell peppers)




Throw everything in together. We took the meat and shredded it and used it on buns for sandwiches, mainly to spread out what she had intended as a meal for two into an great meal for seven. It cooked for roughly 7 hours and when we walked in the house smelled heavenly, not to mention how tender and flavorful the meat itself was. Great quick meal.




Hope everyone is doing well.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Sounds yummy, except for the taters. Sorry about your cousin, too, nikki - keep your chin up.

Nikki Valentine said...

Thank you Dawn. It will be a struggle but I am a stubborn *&%$ and I'll make it through, it's genetic.