Monday, June 13, 2005

the weekend (recipe)

Soooo, on Friday, I had a meeting to go to so I made my family their dinner in the crockpot. Here was my recipe:



I only used enough taters for them, so keep that in mind.


Crockpot chicken Ala Dawn



5-6 small potatoes, peeled and quartered

1 med. onion. quartered

2 stalks of celery, cut in 2" pieces

4 bone-in chicken breasts

Italian Seasoning

Garlic Salt



The potatoes went in first. Then I placed the chicken breasts, skin side up, and sprinkled them with italian seasoning and garlic salt. I added the onions and celery and covered it. I cooked it on high from about 11am till about 4. This was AWESOME.



I went to my meeting and they ordered pizza *sniffle* so I just ate the toppings, and left the crust, and had a piece of broccoli quiche. When I got home, starving, I had one of the chicken breasts with the oinions and celery and it was AWESOME.



I tried to behave this weekend, and for the most part, succeeded :) I had a hamburger on just a 1/2 of the bun last night and it was GOOD! I've cut my carbs down considerably and I'm seeing the difference. I weighed in today at 267! 13 lbs in 8? days - woohoo!



I'm psyched. This week, it's supposed to cool off some, and that'll help get me moving more.



pheonix, you're doing AWESOME. I'm sure that your big loss is because of the extra activity, better eating and you know.. better overall FEELINGS! If it happens again this week, then yeah, to the doctor's you go! :)



I'm hungry, I'm gonna go make a big-ass salad :D

No comments: