Thursday, June 16, 2005

slacking lol (recipe)

Well not really. Just slacking in posting. I don't feel like I've made any progress this week in my weight. My scale apparently hated me the day I weighed in at 267 cuz it shot right back to 171 , so it must not have been at 0. :( That 4 lbs really bother me, too.

I've been trying to behave. I keep cutting more carbs, but as a result, I'm hungry. Then I snack but the stuff I'm snacking on isn't good (I bought hubby candy for his birthday - stupid stupid stupid). I gotta figure out what I CAN snack on. At this point, I'm just not happy.

As far as Flylady is concerned, I've done her proud this week. My bedroom is now finally done, and I've been maintaining the downstairs (kitchen and living room) so we're still on track for that stupid inspection next week. Tomorrow, I'll do the bathrooms and then this weekend, the two kid's rooms. Then we'll be up to date.

On Tuesday, I made the following recipe and it was very good - both kids at it! I think next time, I'll be sure to check the carb content of the salsa, cuz I had no idea that some are high in carbs, as phoenix reminded me in IM. *pout* But other than that, next time, I have to make more! LOL



  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • 1 package taco seasoning mix
  • 1/2 c chopped green onion, divided
  • 3/4 c salsa
  • 1 c shredded cheddar
  • 1/3 c black olives
  • 4 Tbls sour cream

In a skillet, over medium-high heat, cook turkey. Stir in seasoning mix and remove from heat. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Spread cooked turkey mixture in the bottom of an 8-inch-square baking dish. Sprinkle 1/2 the green onions over the turkey and top with salsa, then sprinkle cheese over top. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and hot. Garnish with the rest of the green onions, olives and a blob of sour cream.

Per serving: 368 calories; 23g fat (56.7% from fat); 29g protein; 11g carb; 2g dietary fiber; 126 cholesterol; 1172 sodium.

Low carb serving suggestions: Make taco-chps from low-carb tortillas. You want the equivalent of 1 tortilla per person. Add a big green salad and you're set.

***MY notes***

I left out the olives, as we just don't do olives. That dropped the carbs down a couple. There were 3 just in the taco seasoning! In any case, this was good, but barely enough for 4 of us, and I served it with salad. We were hungry in 2 hours though. I need to find something more fulfilling to fix with it.

No comments: