Saturday, June 18, 2005

me (recipe)

Well, this week has been a let-down for me. I've only barely lost 2 lbs, and I've really reduced my carbs dramatically. I guess the difference is I wasn't moving as much. Now that the house is clean, I don't have to work lol Can't win!



I made such an awesome lunch (and dinner) tonight, all for myself. It really was yummy, so I thought I'd share it here.



Since I made it up, I have no idea what to call it except for what it is:



Spaghetti Squash w/Sausage


  • 1 2lb spaghetti squash, cooked*

  • 1 lb polish sausage

  • 1/2 c. chopped green onion

  • 2-3 Tbls. parmesan cheese

  • Butter or margerine


I cut the spaghetti squash in half, remove the seeds. I place the 2 halves cut side up in a baking dish, put about an inch of water in the dish, cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 for 1 hr. I then let it sit there for a while, cooling.



Boil or microwave the polish sausage, then I cut the links into 2-3" sections, slice lengthwise, and then again (quartered). Then I cut them into bitesized pieces. (You could probably do this before cooking, too.)



Scrape out the spaghetti from the shells with a fork (it'll "splinter" into strands and it's easy to remove) into a bowl. Mix in enough butter or margerine for your own taste. I probably used about 1/4 cup. Sprinkle the cheese, sausage and green onion and toss together. Mangia!



The next time I try this, I'm going to try baking it together for a bit to help the juices from the polish sausage blend in with the sketti some more, but this was absolutely AWESOME. The fresh green onions were perfect for this.



Because I made this only for myself, I only prepared it 1 serving at a time.




I've pieced together the following:




There's 10 (2 fiber) carbs in 1 cup of spaghetti squash.

There's 4 carbs per 4 ounces of sausage.

There's 2 in 1/4 c of green onions

There's 0 in 2 Tbls of cheese



I think that all in all, it was a pretty low carbed meal and it really was GOOD. :)

No comments: