Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Updating, sorta (Recipe)

Well, things are back to being too damned hot to do much of anything but maintain. Luckily, after last week's pretty thorough cleaning, that's all I've really needed to do. The floors need some attention, but they can wait another day or two. Ugh. I did keep busy today, trying to get everything done before it got too hot.



I've lost another pound, but am still pissed off that that's all it was after all that damned exercise. When I say we walk, we WALK, not just stroll. It's WORK. grrr.



Anyways, here's one of the recipes I made last week that came out so good. I hope you try it & enjoy it as much as we did.



  • 2 T olive oil
  • 2 T balsamic vinegar
  • 1 t salt
  • 1/2 t pepper
  • 1/2 t dried crumbled rosemary (I used about 8-10 fresh rosemary needles)
  • Chicken (I used 2-1/2 lbs of thighs)
  • 1 c broccoli
  • 1 sm bell pepper (I used 2)



Heat oven to 400°. In a bowl, combine oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and rosemary. Add chicken and vegetables. Toss until coated.



Arrange chicken, skin side up, in jelly roll pan. Place veggies in single layer, around chicken. Roast 40 minutes, till chicken is cooked. 1/2 way through, flip veggies.


I will post the nutritional info a bit later, when I have the book in front of me again.


~Dawn

No comments: