Sunday, June 26, 2005

Doing well

Just wanted to update with everyone and let you all know how I'm doing. I may not be posting as frequently as I am right now due to some new circumstances in my life.

I will weigh myself today when I go to Grandma's (Nikki knows better then to own a scale)

I doubt I have lost anything though because eating has been sporadic at best. I have felt lucky to eat once a day. Drinking has all but dropped out of the bottom so to speak. I was doing really well earlier in the week but with all the new stress in my life I have let it go by the wayside.

I realize that most of you already know this but I am back at work. Just so that everyone knows, I work from 330pm to 1200pm Central Time. Normally I would work Tuesday thru Saturday. This coming weekend however is a holiday weekend and I agreed to work both Sunday and Monday for a co-worker who has been really nice to me. This means that starting on Tuesday I will have a 12 day stretch with no days off. Since I work so late I usually do not get up until late morning.

Yesterday I spent the entire day flying. I think at one point I was so busy getting things done that I forgot to take about four of my breaks. Here is what I did yesterday.

  1. Dishes
  2. Swept the kitchen
  3. Finished putting away all unpacked boxes in there
  4. Vacuumed the downstairs
  5. Cleaned out the coat closet
  6. Cleaned off both my desks (hot spot big time)
  7. Dusted the living room
  8. Cleaned off the entertainment center and the bookshelf
  9. Unpacked all the bathroom stuff
  10. Cleaned both bathrooms
  11. Folded and put away all my towels, sheets, and blankets
  12. Emptied all the garbage cans
  13. Made the bed in my daughter’s room for our upcoming guest
  14. Cleaned the coffee table off and then cleaned it with windex (yes it’s glass)

Now, luckily for me my darling husband Chris was even bitten by the flylady in the last couple of days. He pulled everything out of my daughter’s room and set the furniture up the way we wanted it so that I could get in there and get the bed made. He helped me carry the garbage out and make dinner. He hung all my pictures up in the living room and in the kitchen. He also hung up the curtains in our room that we just bought. First time since we’ve been together that we’ve bothered to put them up on any of our windows. Normally we just let the blinds do the work.

Now all I need to do is get my boys’ room unpacked and our room. Then I can begin maintaining things. He is very happy at the way that our home is shaping up and I have to admit that coming downstairs to a clean area was really nice. I was proud of myself and I woke up feeling very good about all that I had accomplished.

It has really helped to have my cohorts to nudge me along when I start to lack. Even having them online is a help because it reminds me that there are things I need to be doing.

As my darling husband pointed out to me last night, we have done more work here in the last two weeks to make this a home then we did in our other place in the three years we lived there. It is very freeing. Now I just need to get back to eating healthier.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

you're doing AWESOME with the flying, nikki! Moving is SUCH a pain in the butt, especially the way you guys had to do it with NO planning.

However, I'm very disappointed that you're NOT TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF. How can you take care of others when you're not taking care of you first? Come on, girl - you have GOT to drink. I know you don't like water, but that's tough - it likes you :) Get some of that nasty crystal light if that'll get you going.

If you become dehydrated and can't work or fly, you know what will happen. Chris will be very upset with you, and you don't want that.

You need to eat, and you NEED to drink. Stop and do that for yourself, dammit.

Nikki Valentine said...

I know I know.

>hangs head in shame<

I am working on it. I have had alot of juice today and yes, Chris is making sure I don't do that again.

I do want to share my most wonderful news though. I haven't weighed in two weeks but I was sure to weigh in just before I left Grandma's and I am weighing in at 210. That means I have lost SIXTEEN POUNDS!

>squeels and dances around<

I think most of that is because I have been forcing myself to be very active and refusing to let myself to slack off.

I know it isn't much but I am filled with contentment right now, even in the face of the other chaos in my life.

>hugs all<