Thursday, August 18, 2005

Yes, she still lives

I am so sorry I have been scarce this week. The boys came home Saturday and I have been busy trying to remember how to be a mom. They are great and it's nice to have them back.

Now to toot my own horn I am proud of myself. While I haven't done a whole lot, I have continued to make my bed every morning/afternoon (not a morning person ya know!), and keep my house uncluttered. Those places that I uncluttered in the first place at least. I have cooked dinner EVERY night this week. Did ya hear that? EVERY DAMN NIGHT. AND, it didn't kill me! Dawn, your crockpot chicken thighs were great! Thanks so much for that tip. The laundry has stayed caught up too!

Best thing in a way was the boys spending six weeks with anal step-monster. I think those poor things were indentured servants! BUT, they came home with their routine. They make their beds, put their clothes in our nifty new three slotted hamper, pick up after themselves, do dishes and Joshua even peeled potatoes for me! Guess I need to send her a thank you note. NOT. It's ok for me to have them do this, but not her! lol.

We are leaving for Florida tomorrow so I will be gone for a week. But, never fear, I'll be back. Hope everyone has a great week.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

YAY KAY! Great job keeping those routines going. It gets hard sometimes, but you're doing great. Welcome back and have a great time!