Monday, June 20, 2005

Flying High

Okay, so, as everyone knows, I just went through the move from hell. Not only was the packing and moving been rough, but so has the unpacking.

I have to give thanks to my flybaby cohorts for encouraging me and keeping me on track. We spent the day in a three way chat where we would all get up and clean for 15 minutes and then return for our 15 minute breaks. During which we delighted each other with stories about our children, inlaws, and spouses.

For the first time in a very long time, I feel loved and supported as I am. I am overweight and I struggle to keep my house neat and orderly. These are not the usual kinds of problems that people need help with, but I do and I have gotten more done today than I have any single day since we moved in (Just ask Chris, he thinks they are goddesses)

So here is my thank you to both Dawn and Pheonix. Thank you for being my friend and supporting me. Holding my hand and kicking my ass when I need it. I can only hope to give you both half of what you've given me.

Just for the record, I have completed unpacking everything that goes in the living room. I have a few "hot spots" to take care of, but for the most part it's done. The kitchen has been my chore for today and I'm happy to report that thanks to my partners in crime, it should be done by the end of the day. Hey, it's only 11:45am here.

No comments: