Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Time to get back on track!

Had a busy but fun weekend, then didn't get much done yesterday. It is still SO hot here, with most days in the 90's and the air conditioner barely working. Even the water temp in our above ground pool was 90 degrees yesterday. Hope to get our weekly home blessing done today. Thinking of doing Camp GonnaWanna FLY with my kids to get us all motivated. Thought maybe we could do our routine each morning, do lots of reading, swimming, and other fun things, and spend 15-30 minutes each day tackling a problem area around the house. It will be time for school to start back in less than 3 weeks, so we'd better plan some fun before our time is up.

I've been having lots of foot pain again, so I bought new lace-up shoes this weekend. I also went in a dress store to see if they still had the dress I had loved when shopping for clothes to wear to a wedding at the end of May. They did still have that same dress, and it was on sale for half price! I thought I saw the size I needed. Went ahead and browsed through the rest of the clearance racks before going back to get a dress to try on. Then I was disappointed that they didn't have a size 18W, which is what I had tried on (and had been just a little snug) 7 weeks ago. I finally decided to try a size 16W, though I just KNEW it wouldn't fit. It fit! :) It's even a little loose. That makes 4 sizes I've lost since last August! It was such a wonderful surprise, because I didn't think I'd made much progress this summer.

Didn't walk with my friend from up the road Saturday or Sunday, but we walked last night. I got her to try on the pair of 18W denim capris that I bought in May. She has been wearing 22's and some 20's and didn't think they would fit, but they did! She has only lost 6 pounds or so, but is also building muscle from the walking. It's cool seeing my progress and that of my friends!

Anyone else interested in trying Camp GonnaWanna FLY to see how much fun we can have moving this summer?

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Isn't that progress amazing!? The progression down in sizes has been so much fun for me, considering how long it's been since I ever thought I'd get out of my 26/28s! Now some of my 18s are getting loose, so I'm pretty psyched - even if I AM pregnant, I know I never wanna go back to those 28s! Great job, violet! I'm so glad you've joined us and are gonna help motivate us to stay on track too - angel & I got together on IM yesterday for a bit to fly together, and it was great - but yeah, TOO HOT. Hopefully, we'll get some more done today too - join us if you'd like. I've sent you an add on yahoo.